Saturday, March 15, 2008

Journey back to India:

Feb 21st 2008 - After getting the passport I had to get a visa, and not just any kind, I needed an employment visa. What an irony. 12 years ago I came to the country with my H1B visa and now returning back with an H1B for my own country. The process wasn’t as painful but I had to spend 4 extra days. My return ticket was for the 20th and got the visa that afternoon. So we went to the city with my entire luggage, picked up the visa and went to the airport directly. Srini left and I had about 4 hours to kill. Made a few phone calls. There was a weird feeling all along. The same feeling I used to have when I used to come back from India each and every time after a vacation. The feeling of why do I have to go back. I didn’t know which country I could call home anymore, back home really means different now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ended up on your blog from a search results page. Very informative blog about R2I. We are in the process of R2Iing. Got some very good info. I will be a regular reader of your blog from now on.